Undergraduate Admission – Step 7 : Apply for Student Visa

It is necessary to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence in order to enter Japan as a student. In order to obtain the certificate, you need to take either of the following procedures after an official “Letter of Admission” issued by Tokushima University.

  1. Direct application at a Japanese Embassy or Consulate in applicant’s country.
    *This takes considerable time to complete.
  2. Proxy application by a deputy who lives in Japan can be made at a local Immigration Bureau (Ministry of Justice) in Japan.
    *This is more preferable when the time is limited.

Reference: “How to Apply for Japanese Visa”


>> Return to the list of steps