Other Financial Aides
One-time Allowance for New International Students
This financial aid is to support the self-supported foreign students who have just started their new life in Tokushima.
Amount of Stipend: 20,000 yen/student
(No repayment required)
Students who meet one or more of the following conditions cannot receive this financial aide:
- Those whose duration of enrollment is less than 6 months
- Those who receive a scholarship from Japanese Government or their home government
- Those who receive (or are appointed to receive) a scholarship worth more than 70,000 yen/month
- Those who will receive a more than 70,000 yen stable income
- Those who transfer from another educational institute (ex. university, specialized vocational high school or Japanese language school) in Japan
- Those who stayed in Tokushima before
- Those whose relatives or family are living in Tokushima
Application Counter: To be announced later
Application Period: To be announced later
Temporary Loan for International Students
This financial aid is to support the international students who need temporary financial support.
Amount of Credit: 10,000 yen – 100,000 yen
- Repayment should be completed within 6 months after the first day of the loan. Divided payment is also accepted.
- In case the student returns to their home country and does not return to Tokushima, the student has to complete the repayment by 10 days before leaving Japan
- Jousanjima Campus: International Affairs Division
- Kuramoto Campus: International Affairs Division Kuramoto Office (2F Kuramoto Kaikan)
Application Period: Anytime
Student loan is also available outside of this temporary loan. For further information about this student loan, please contact the office for Gakusei Kouen-kai in the Section of Student Support or the administrative office of your faculty.