1. To Study at Tokushima University as an International Student
If you would like to study at Tokushima University as an international student, we would suggest the following six paths to enter the university.
Please also refer to:
(1) To Study at Tokushima University with Japanese Government Scholarship (Embassy Recommendation)
In this type of scholarship, scholarship recipients are recruited and initially screened by a Japanese embassy (or consulate general, depending on the country). Because the application process differs according to the country in which the Japanese embassy is located, please inquire at the Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country for details.
(2) To Study at Tokushima University with Japanese Governmental Scholarship (University Recommendation)
International students wishing to study in Japan as an exchange student based on inter-university student exchange agreements can be screened through the national, public or private Japanese university for a Japanese Government Scholarship candidate. The university directly recommends the selected candidates to the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. For details about the scholarship application process, please contact Division of International Affairs.Students recommended by a university for this scholarship usually arrive in Japan in October.
(3) To Study at Tokushima University as a Self-Funded Student
International applicants are required to take Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU).
(4) To Study at Tokushima University as an Exchange Student from a Partner University
This is to study at Tokushima University as an exchange student from one of our partner universities. Exchange students take regular course work under our undergraduate (or graduate) curricula.
Since eligibility and other conditions related to exchange programs are varied, please contact International Affairs Division for more detail information.
(5) To Study at Tokushima University as a Research Student
This option is to continue your research at Tokushima University, not to take course work and get credits at Tokushima University.
For this reason, research students cannot get credits from Tokushima University.
(6) To Study at Tokushima University Under a Specialized International Program
This is to study at Tokushima University under our specialized international programs.
2. To Do Research at Tokushima University as a Foreign Researcher
This is to conduct academic researches at Tokushima University in collaboration with our researchers.
General application procedures are as follows:
(1) Contact your research partner of Tokushima University (at least six months before your entry)
(2) Submit application forms to Tokushima University (Research partner will submit the forms two or three month before your entry)
(3) Receive documents necessary for your visa application from Tokushima University
(4) Apply for Japanese visa in your country
For further information about the application, please contact the office of International Affairs Division.