Information Related to Admission

General Paths to Enter TU

1. To Study at TU as an International Student

If you come and study at TU as an international student, we have following six paths to enter the University..Please also refer to:

* TU Educator and Researcher Directory
* How to Apply Japanese Student Visa
* Entrance Guide
* International Student Portal

(1) To Study at TU with Japanese Government Scholarship (Embassy Recommendation)

In this type of scholarship, scholarship recipients are recruited and initially screened by a Japanese embassy (or consulate general, depending on the country).Because the application process differs according to the country in which the Japanese embassy is located, please inquire at the Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country for details.

(2) To Study at TU with Japanese Governmental Scholarship (University Recommendation)

International students who will be studying in Japan as an exchange student based on inter-university student exchange agreements can be screened through the national, public or private Japanese university involved as a candidate for a Japanese Government Scholarship. The university directly recommends the selected candidates to the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.For details about the scholarship application process, please contact Division of International Affairs.Students recommended by a university for this scholarship usually arrive in Japan in October.

(3) To Study at TU as a Self-funded Student

International applicants are required to take Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU).

(4) To Study at TU as an Exchange Student from a Partner University

This is to study at TU as an exchange student from one of our partner universities. Exchange students take regular course work under our undergraduate (or graduate) curricula.

Since eligibility and other conditions related to exchange programs are varied, please contact International Affairs Division for more detail information.

(5) To Study at TU as a Research Student

This option is to continue your research at TU, not to take course work and get credits at TU.
For this reason, research students cannot get credits from TU.

(6) To Study at TU Under a Specialized International Program

This is to study at TU under our specialized international programs.

2. To Do Research at TU as a Foreign Researcher

This is to conduct academic researches at TU in collaboration with our researchers.
General application procedures are as follows:

(1) Contact your research partner of TU (at least six months before your entry)

(2) Submit application forms to TU (Research partner will submit the forms two or three month before your entry)

(3) Receive documents necessary for your visa application from TU

(4) Apply for Japanese visa in your country

For further information about the application, please contact Division of International Affairs.

Copyright © 2019 The Internation Center, Tokushima University All Rights Reserved.