Intensive Basic Japanese Course
This course is a 6-month intensive Japanese program, which aims to achieve the level of Japanese language necessary for daily life in/out of the campus.
2019 Second Semester “Intensive Japanese Course”
* Our instructors have developped unique curriculum for the and provides the students with effective instructions to achieve “Practical Japanese.”
Applicants to this course should fulfill one of the following conditions:
- To be the recipient of Japanese Governmental Scholarship (Embassy Recommendation) and those who are required to take 6-month Japanese training before enrolling a graduate program,
- To be a full-time TU international student and to be able to join all the classes and out-class activities provided under this course
* Out-class activities include one-day homestay, short excursion and others.
2. Period for Application
- 1st Semester ; In March, 2nd Semester ; In September
- Interview will be held after the application period. Date and time will be contacted later to each applicant.
For off-campus applicants (including the recipients of the governmental scholarship), application is processed through International Affairs Division and the coordinator of this program.
3.Notes Concerning Application
- This course is for the students who have NOT studied Japanese language before. We may turn down the application if an applicant has ever studied Japanese before.
- We notify the availability of the class after the interview. In case an application is turned down, we introduce another Japanese class that may fit the applicant’s Japanese level.
- If an applicant is accepted to this course, please be sure to advise the student to join the course orientation. The course coordinator will explain the outline of this program to the advisor of the student.
- When a TU student applies for this course, please note that the Center accepts the application by his/her advisor, NOT by the student himself/herself.
- Main Textbook
Please order following textbooks at TU Co-op Bookshop and purchase them before the course starts.
- Minna no Nihongo Elementary Book I/2nd Edition （2,500 yen） Surii Ei Network
- Minna no Nihongo Elementary Book II/2nd Edition （2,500 yen） Surii Ei Network
- Minna no Nihongo Elementary I: Grammar Guidebook (English)/2nd Edition (2,000 yen) Surii Ei Network
- Minna no Nihongo Elementary II: Grammar Guidebook (English)/2nd Edition (2,000 yen) Surii Ei Network
* The guidebooks are also available in other languages (Chinese, English, Korean, French, Spanich, Portuguese, Thai, Indonesian and Russian).
- Supplementary Materials
Instructors will give supplementary materials in their classes.
5.Tests and Speech Demonstration
- Written and oral examinations will be held during the course.
- At the closing ceremony, all course attendants are required to make a speech in Japanese.
- Certificate is issued upon completion of all the program.
You can download HERE.
- Attendants have to purchase the textbooks on their own expense.
- Attendants may be required to pay some fees for activities.
- If an attendant frequently delays/misses classes or does not submit given assignments, we may advise him/her to take another Japanese class.
8.If you have a question …
Please consult with the coordinator of this course:
Prof. Satoshi Hashimoto