Emergency Student Support Handout for Continuing Studies (JASSO Student Support Aid)
(May 28, 2020)
JASSO Student Support Aid has been funded by the Government of Japan. This financial aid is provided for qualified students who self-support their education by their part-time work income and are in hardship to continue their higher education because of severe reduction of income caused by the COVID-19 spread.
If you would like to apply for this financial aid, please process your application by the following guidelines below.
*Non-regular students (e.g., research students, exchange students) are not eligible for this aid.
International students should be qualified all the requirements below:
1. Students are not receiving a large amount of allowance/financial support from their family.
2. Students are not residing in their family’s house or residing with their family without family’s financial support
3. Students’ expenses for living and education are mainly supported by their part-time work income.
4. Students cannot expect any additional support from parents because of their income reduction.
5. Income from part-time work has reduced more than 50% compared with the previous month due to the spread of COVID-19.
6. Students must have a JASSO GPA of 2.30 or more on the total credits obtained last year.
※ Method to calculate JASSO GPA (PDF)
7. Monthly attendance rate must be 80% or higher.
8. Monthly allowance (excluding payments for enrollment fee and tuition fee) should not exceed an average of 90,000 yen.
9. Annual income of the financial supporter residing in Japan should be less than 5 million yen.
【Amount of Payment】
100,000 yen or 200,000 yen
(Only students of households exempted from resident tax are applicable to the aid of 200,000 yen.)
【Application Forms and required documents】
【Place to mail the documents】
Send to: Student Support Section for International Affairs
1-1 Minamijosanjima-cho, Tokushima 770-8502
Applications must be sent by using the Japan Post “Letter Pack Light”(a flat-rate envelop with blue lines). Please write down “JASSO Student Support Aid Application Enclosed” in red ink on the front-side (address side) of the envelop.
Letter Pack services
Applications postmarked until Tuesday, June 9, 2020 are accepted.
The aid money will be required to return if you have made a false description on this application.
If you have a question, please contact Student Support Section for International Affairs by e-mail.
Student Support Section for International Affairs（email@example.com）